Monday, April 11, 2016

Hello, and Welcome

This is my first ever blog, let alone blog post. My goal is to chronicle my postpartum experience, primarily with a ruptured pubic symphysis. I've found that there isn't a lot of information out there for inquiring (aka, freaking out!!) minds, so hopefully I can compile some here. I was inspired to start this blog in part by Rowena, a fellow blogger whose blog has been a source of both information and comfort for me (check her out: http://pubicsymphysis.blogspot.com/).


I'm 8 weeks postpartum as of today, and have an appointment with an orthopedic trauma surgeon this afternoon. Hopefully we'll make a plan of attack... stay tuned.


Here are some fast facts about me, outside of my PS issues:


* I live in the state of Maine, USA - our motto is "The Way Life Should Be" for a reason!

* R is my son, and my first child - although his arrival prompted my PS rupture, he's honestly perfect. I'm a total goner for this kid.

* E is my husband - the love of my life, and a tremendous support throughout the last 2 months.

* The title of my blog is a line from the lullaby that we sing to R before bed each night. My dad used to sing it to my sisters and I, and his dad sang it to him. Somehow it seems like the right fit for this space.

* Stay Thankful is my life's motto. I have it inked on my right wrist.



All for now -

No comments:

Post a Comment